Thursday, August 25, 2011

(No) Turn on Red

Walking back from downtown today I decided to stop at the intersection of Thayer Avenue and Georgia Avenue and take some video. My subject was the cars that routinely pull-out across the crosswalks, trying to sneak-out into Georgia Avenue -- which is almost impossible at this busy time of day (1:30 PM). AND - these intersections are NTOR.

I figured I wouldn't have to stand there long to get something indicative of the usual driver behavior at this intersection, and I was right. I was only there for a few moments before I caught this one.



These nice new intersections and curb cuts don't solve this persistent problem. It's going to take some enforcement to solve this. The same problem exists at Georgia x Bonifant and Georgia x Silver Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment