Thursday, March 4, 2010

Walk the Walk


Even though I started this blog only a few month ago, I have been at this for a while. Here are a few old photos from some of my efforts to promote walking as a transportation choice.

Barbara McCann talks about Complete streets during a workshop I organized in Silver Spring in 2007


Receiving recognition for organizing the 2004 National Congress of Pedestrian Advocates in Silver Spring.

Promoting Walking on the steps of the State House in 2003

Testifying for the Walking Bill in 2008



This article about my website - Montgomery Sideways - appeared in the Montgomery County Gazette in 2008.


I organized the first Walk to School Day in Montgomery County in 1999. I organized the event for three years and helped to spread the event across the County.While my kids were at East Silver Spring Elementary Schoo most of the approaches to the school got new sidewalks. This is the lobby of ESS, where the kids from several classrooms decorated for WSD in 2001.

Walking alongside Will down Sligo Avenue on WSD, 2001


Annapolis - outside the Hearing Room during the Maryland Bike/Ped Symposium. February,2002. I led this group of students, Teachers, and parents to the State Capitol to promote walkable neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment